Friday, 19th June:
- 7pm-9:30pm: Arrival reception. Welcome drinks and appetizers at the San Gallo ai Coronari Restaurant located at Piazza San Salvatore in Laure, Via Dei Coronari 180. Meet and greet with your fellow alumni, mingle with old and new friends.
Saturday, 20th June:
- 10am: Guided tour through Central Rome. Covering the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, the Colosseum, and more…
- 1:30pm: Lunch. We’ll be dining at Alfredo alla Scrofa, a traditional Roman restaurant famous for its fettuccine and located in the historic center of Rome, near the Piazza Navona (Via della Scrofa 104/a).
- 3:00pm: Academic session. Taking place at the Savoy Hotel, the legal seminar will focus on selected aspects of the European economic crisis, and the panel will include professionals from academic, banking, entrepreneurial, and other sectors.
7:00pm-10:00pm: Gala Dinner. As per our annual tradition, the group will come together for an evening of food, drink, and festivity at the Majestic Hotel Terrace.
Sunday, 21st June:
- 11:00am-1:00pm: Visit to the Borghese Gallery. The Galleria Borghese houses a substantial part of the Borghese collection of paintings, sculpture and antiques. Among the famous paintings are works by Caravaggio, who is well represented in the collection by his Boy with a Basket of Fruit, St Jerome Writing, Sick Bacchus and others. Other paintings of note include Titian’s Sacred and Profane Love, Raphael’s Entombment of Christ and works by Peter Paul Rubens and Federico Barocci.
- 1:30pm: Lunch. We’ll bid farewell to Rome and to our fellow Penn Law friends with one last shared meal at Fiori di Zucca.
Optional 5-Day Extension Trip: Touring Umbria and Tuscany
Monday, 22nd June - Friday, 26th June:
For those interested in staying and traveling Italy a bit following the PLES meeting weekend, we’ll be organizing a trip through Italy’s central regions of Umbria and Tuscany, beautiful regions rich with history, nature and amazing Italian cuisine.
We hope you can join us!