Law Alumni Society
The LAS Board of Managers is the leadership Board of the LAS, a nominated group of alumni volunteers that meets three times per year at the Law School.
The LAS Board of Managers maintains strong connections with the Law School, its aims, and its outreach through business meetings with the Dean and service on committees dedicated to departments at Penn Law (Public Interest, Career Planning & Professionalism, Student Life).
The Board also assists in organizing and participating in various volunteer initiatives that serve the Law School, alumni, and current and admitted students. In addition to the “business” aspects of our Board meetings, members enjoy educational lunchtime panels, opportunities to sit in on classes, tours of the Law School, and other local activities and opportunities to socialize and network.
To learn more about nominating outstanding alumni to the Board, or assisting the Board with its aims, please contact Tim Wortham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law Alumni Society Awards
One important responsibility of the LAS Board is to annually cast votes for the nominees of Penn Law’s various LAS Alumni Awards.
Each fall, Penn Law honors exemplary and inspirational members of the Penn Law community with the following awards:
- James Wilson Award, Honoring a lifetime of service to the profession
- Distinguished Service Award, Honoring service to the Law School,
- Louis H. Pollak Public Service Award, Honoring justice through service to others
- Alumni Award of Merit, Honoring professional achievement and service to the Law School
- Young Alumni Award, Honoring the professional achievement of an alumnus/a who has graduated within the past 10 years
- Howard Lesnick Pro Bono Award, Honoring a sustained commitment to pro bono and/or public service throughout a private sector career