Law Alumni Society - Board of Managers
The Law Alumni Society Board of Managers is a nominated group of alumni volunteers that meets three times per year at the Law School.
The Law Alumni Society (LAS) Board of Managers maintains strong connections with the Law School through business meetings with the Dean and service on committees dedicated to priorities at Penn Law (including Public Interest, Career Planning & Professionalism, and Student Life). Managers’ meetings typically include discussions with current Penn Law students, news from various departments, and updates from the Dean.
Managers serve one three-year term on the Board, with an option to serve an additional three-year term.
The Board also assists in organizing and participating in various volunteer initiatives that serve the Law School, alumni, and current and admitted students. In addition to Board meetings, members enjoy educational lunchtime panels, opportunities to sit in on classes, tours of the Law School, and other local opportunities to socialize and network.
Law Alumni Society Awards
One important responsibility of the LAS Board is to cast votes for the nominees of Penn Law’s yearly LAS Alumni Awards. These awards honor exemplary and inspirational members of the Penn Law community.
The LAS Alumni Awards given out each fall are:
- The James Wilson Award, Honoring a lifetime of service to the profession
- The Distinguished Service Award, Honoring service to the Law School,
- The Louis H. Pollak Public Service Award, Honoring justice through service to others
- The Alumni Award of Merit, Honoring professional achievement and service to the Law School
- The Young Alumni Award, Honoring the professional achievement of an alumnus/a who has graduated within the past 10 years
- The Howard Lesnick Pro Bono Award, Honoring a sustained commitment to pro bono and/or public service throughout a private sector career