Named in honor of trailblazing alumna Carrie Burnham Kilgore, Class of 1883, the Kilgore Society’s mission is two-fold:
- Foster and maintain a community of outstanding Law School women, including: current lawyers at law firms, in solo practice, or in house; judges; professors; government and nonprofit employees; JDs and LLMs pursuing alternative career paths; retired practitioners, and all others.
- Support and increase the number of women in law and in positions of leadership by providing opportunities for networking, professional development, mentorship, and continuing education.
2L & 3L Mentoring Program
In conjunction with the student-run Penn Law Women’s Association (PLWA), each spring we match rising 3L women with alumna mentors, based on geographic location, industry/practice area interests, and other factors, as identified by student applicants to the program and alumna volunteers.
The opt-in listserv provides information submitted both externally (by alums) and internally (by the law school), including the following, among others:
- Job opportunities and postings about internships and fellowships;
- Recognition of judicial and faculty appointments and other notable professional promotions and achievements of Law School alumnae;
- Notices of upcoming CLEs, symposia, and educational opportunities;
- Articles about women in the news, career advice, and thought pieces relevant to the group.
Kilgore Society LinkedIn Group:
Kilgore Society Twitter: