The Kilgore Society: Penn Law’s Alumnae Network
Named in honor of trailblazing alumna Carrie Burnham Kilgore,
Penn Law Class of 1883, the Kilgore Society’s mission is two-fold:
- Foster and maintain a community of outstanding Penn Law women, including: current lawyers at law firms, in solo practice, or in house; judges; professors; government and nonprofit employees; JDs and LLMs pursuing alternative career paths; retired practitioners, and all others.
- Support and increase the number of women in law and in positions of leadership by providing opportunities for networking, professional development, mentorship, and continuing education.
*read more about our namesake on our History page…
Get Involved, Get Connected.
Kilgore Society Listserve
The opt-in listserve provides information submitted both externally (by alums) and internally (by the law school), including the following, among others:
- Job opportunities and postings about internships and fellowships;
- Recognition of judicial and faculty appointments and other notable professional promotions and achievements of Penn Law alumnae;
- Notices of upcoming CLEs, symposia, and educational opportunities;
- Articles about women in the news, career advice, and thought pieces relevant to the group.
To opt-in, please complete our Kilgore Survey here.
Request to join us on LinkedIn by clicking here, or by searching for “The Kilgore Society (Penn Law’s Alumnae Network)”.
3L Mentoring Program:
In conjunction with the student-run Penn Law Women’s Association (PLWA), each spring we match rising 3L women with alumna mentors, based on geographic location, industry/practice area interests, and other factors, as identified by student applicants to the program and alumna volunteers.
To participate, please indicate your interest by completing our Kilgore Survey here.