- 2 - 3 - 4
MAKE A GIFT, BENEFIT PENN LAW, GET THE DEDUCTIONS AND INCREASE YOUR INCOME
investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
BENEFITS OF A PENN GIFT ANNUITY:
Alvin L'55 and Jean
• Safe income at great rates. Penn gift annuities pay the donor guaranteed
income for life at advantageous rates.
• Tax Savings. Gift annuities qualify for an immediate income tax deduction,
can save on capital gains taxes and yield some tax-free income.
• Support for Penn Law, too. The donor receives a lifetime income while
also supporting Penn Law.
• You will become a member of the Lewis Legacy Circle, established to honor
alumni and friends who have generously provided for the future of Penn Law.
Alvin L'55 and Jean Snowiss
HOW DOES IT WORK?
wanted to leave a lasting impact on the institution that had shaped
my life and to which I wanted to say thank you - Penn Law. After conversations
with Penn Law School, Jean and I determined that a charitable gift
annuity would benefit us and the law school. Through this vehicle
we were able to ensure our lifetime income and qualify for a current
income tax deduction while at the same time meeting one of Penn Law's
most pressing needs - endowed professorships."
You donate cash or publicly traded securities to the University of Pennsylvania.
Penn agrees, in writing, to make guaranteed, fixed payments for life to
one or two people you name.
* Rates and deductions vary with annuitant age and timing of the gift. Not available in all states.