|A Message from the Dean|
|Dean Michael A. Fitts Shares His Vision for the Law School|
| Sesquicentennial History Timeline
|Profile: Edward Rock & Michael Wachter|
|Profile: Peter Huang|
|Profile: Edward Rubin|
| Profile: R. Polk
|Profile: Friedrich Kubler|
C. Edwin Baker
|Profile: Sally Gordon|
| Profile: Matthew
|Profile: Barbara Bennett Woodhouse|
|Profile: Anita L. Allen-Castellitto|
Independence Foundation's Warner Professorship
The Independence Foundation has made a gift of $500,000 to fully fund the Theodore K. Warner, Jr. Professorship in Business Law. The Chair is a lasting tribute to Theodore "Ted" Warner, a 1934 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, for his years of service to the Foundation as a member of its Board of Trustees. A past president, he currently serves the Independence Foundation as secretary and treasurer.
Estate of Gilbert W. Oswald C'31, L'34
Gilbert "Gil" W. Oswald bequeathed $250,000 to establish the Gilbert W. Oswald Endowed Scholarship Fund, which Penn Law received when he passed away in 1999. He graduated from Penn Law in 1934 and became the fourth lawyer at the Philadelphia firm of Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis where he spent the entirety of his career until his retirement in 1984. A lawyer who specialized in corporations, banking and bankruptcy, Oswald gained vast experience in appellate litigation and estate planning. He chaired the firm's business department and for fifteen years served on the Executive Committee. Oswald was a member of the Order of the Coif and served as the Case Editor on the Penn Law Review.
John K. Castle
John K. Castle, a member of the Law School's Board of Overseers, has made a gift of $100,000 to support the Colin S. Diver Distinguished Chair in Leadership and for the fund to refurbish the offices of the Journal of Constitutional Law. Castle is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Castle Harlan, a merchant bank in New York.
Nancy and Henry R. Silverman L'64
As we near the climax of Silverman Hall's restoration, recent developments include the unveiling of the restored marble terrazzo floor of the Great Hall and the removal of scaffolding to reveal the gloriously repainted ceiling above the Grand Staircase. On target for completion in October, the interior of the original Law School Building positively shimmers. The north end of the exterior has been resurfaced and sandblasted to reveal the light color of brick that was first laid in 1900. This expansive endeavor has been made possible by the generosity of the Silverman family who, in 1998, pledged the largest gift ever to a law school. Henry R. Silverman is Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cendant Corporation, a global leader in consumer and business services and is a member of the University of Pennsylvania's Board of Trustees.