Why Penn Law?
Penn Law is a world leader in legal education, uniquely equipping students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel in today’s legal marketplace, wherever their career aspirations and intellectual interests take them.
- The Wharton Business and Law Certificate, a custom designed program taught by Wharton faculty and industry experts selected for their teaching skills, subject expertise and ability to offer applied concepts and examples to participants.
- World-class faculty - celebrated scholars and devoted teachers.
- A culture of collegiality, where students feel welcome and supported, allowing students to safely take risks that deepen and broaden their study.
- In addition to the LLM, Penn Law offers LLCM and SJD degrees as well as the LLM/MFS (Dual degree program in International Finance & Law with Science Po)
The Law School
The Law School’s campus is state-of-the-art, with four fully interconnected buildings surrounding a green courtyard. Students are steps away from the amenities of the University of Pennsylvania, with its activities for graduate and professional students, its state-of-the-art gym and health club, and its many libraries, museums, theaters, lectures, and events. Take a virtual tour of Penn Law and the University of Pennsylvania Campus
Philadelphia, one of the most historic cities in the United States, features wonderful residential neighborhoods, a booming restaurant scene, robust art and theater life, excellent shopping, and great sports teams – all centrally located and served by public transport. Philadelphia offers professional students an affordable, accessible, and exciting lifestyle with easy access to New York City and Washington DC. Learn more about Philadelphia.
- “University of Pennsylvania is the new model for Law schools” Consultor Jurídico, August 6th, 2013. Read: English | En Espanol
- In an article for The Daily Pennsylvanian, Jai Anant Dehadrai, LLM ’13 writes about Penn Law’s Practice of Law class: “Part-time professor and full-time trial attorney, professor Shanin Specter lays threadbare the secrets that have led him to become one of America’s finest lawyers — and perhaps the most respected as well.”