Why Penn Law?
A Penn Law legal education is distinct. You will be called upon to integrate knowledge within a community of scholars and students who will challenge and support you. The educational and professional significance of this unique combination cannot be overstated.
- A cross-disciplinary approach to legal education. This training is infused into the curriculum and is strengthened by the ability of students to take courses at any of the graduate and professional schools at the University of Pennsylvania, one of the U.S.’s elite Ivy League institutions. For example, Penn Law LLMs and LLCMs can enroll in our exclusive Wharton Business and Law Certificate, a custom designed program taught by Wharton faculty and industry experts selected for their teaching skills, subject expertise and ability to offer applied concepts and examples to participants.
- World-class faculty who are not only leading experts in their fields but also engaging teachers.
- A culture of collegiality, where students feel welcome and supported, allowing students to safely take risks that deepen and broaden their study.
Our School, Our University, Our City
The Law School’s campus is state-of-the-art, with four fully interconnected buildings surrounding a green courtyard. Students are steps away from the amenities of the University of Pennsylvania, with its activities for graduate and professional students, its state-of-the-art gym and health club, and its many libraries, museums, theaters, lectures, and events.
Philadelphia, one of the most historic cities in the United States, features wonderful residential neighborhoods, a booming restaurant scene, robust art and theater life, excellent shopping, and great sports teams – all centrally located and served by public transport. Philadelphia offers professional students an affordable, accessible, and exciting lifestyle with easy access to New York City and Washington DC.
- Virtual tour of Penn Law and the University of Pennsylvania Campus
- Experience Philadelphia
- International News and Events at Penn Law
- Graduate Programs Viewbook
- “University of Pennsylvania is the new model for Law schools” Consultor Jurídico, August 6th, 2013. Link here for the original article and here an English version.