- Can you answer my visa or immigration related question?
- How can I withdraw my application?
- If admitted, can I defer?
- If I am admitted, how much is the deposit(s) and when is it the due?
- When are my tuition and fee payments due?
Can you answer my visa or immigration related question?
For all immigration related questions, including those related to your visa status, please contact the University of Pennsylvania’s Office of International Student and Scholar Services.
How can I withdraw my application?
Please send an email to email@example.com with your name and LSAC number indicating that you are withdrawing your application. A formal letter is not required.
If admitted, can I defer?
If you are admitted, accepted the offer of admission, and submitted the $500 initial Summer Program deposit payment, thereby securing your place in the LLM program, circumstances may require you to request a deferral of admission. If you wish to request a deferral, please complete this form and it email firstname.lastname@example.org along with the reason you are requesting a deferral. Please note that deferral requests are made on a case by case basis.
If granted a deferral, your initial Summer Program deposit will be credited towards your tuition and, the following year, you will be required to submit the second half of the Summer Program deposit if you have not already done so by January 15th. You will also be required to confirm that you plan to attend by January 15th.
Deferred students must agree not to:
- hold deferred status at any other law school;
- enroll in any graduate law program; nor
- apply for admission to a graduate program at any other law school.
If I am admitted, how much is the deposit(s) and when is it the due?
An initial deposit of $500 is due April 1 and a second deposit of $2,150 is due May 1. If you are admitted after April 1, you will be advised when you deposits are due.
When are my tuition and fee payments due?
In general, all tuition and fees are split in half with the first portion due at the end of July and the second portion due in January. This includes tuition, the tech fee and health insurance charges (if applicable). Scholarships are therefore also split into two and divided equally across the two semester payments.
- Exception #1 – the Summer Program fee. This is covered by the deposits made during the application process.
- Exception #2 – The Wharton Business and Law Certificate – the entire amount, will be due at the beginning of the 1st semester (the beginning of September usually).