- Can you answer my visa or immigration related question?
- How can I withdraw my application?
- If admitted, can I defer?
- If I am admitted, how much is the deposit(s) and when is it the due?
- When are my tuition and fee payments due?
Can you answer my visa or immigration related question?
For all immigration related questions, including those related to your visa status, please contact the University of Pennsylvania’s Office of International Student and Scholar Services.
How can I withdraw my application?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and LSAC number indicating that you are withdrawing your application. A formal letter is not required.
If admitted, can I defer?
For the LLM/LLCM program – Deferrals are granted at the discretion of the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs and subject to certain conditions. In recent years, timely requests have generally been granted. If a deferral is granted, the applicant is required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit within 30 days.
- Deferrals are not generally granted for more than one year at a time.
- SJD students are not permitted to defer.
If I am admitted, how much is the deposit(s) and when is it the due?
An initial deposit of $500 is due April 1 and a second deposit of $2,150 is due May 1. If you are admitted after April 1, you will be advised when you deposits are due.
When are my tuition and fee payments due?
In general, all tuition and fees are split in half with the first portion due at the end of July and the second portion due in January. This includes tuition, the tech fee and health insurance charges (if applicable). Scholarships are therefore also split into two and divided equally across the two semester payments.
- Exception #1 – the Summer Program fee. This is covered by the deposits made during the application process.
- Exception #2 – The Wharton Business and Law Certificate – the entire amount, will be due at the beginning of the 1st semester (the beginning of September usually).