External Scholarship Opportunities
With the rising cost of legal education, we are always on the lookout for scholarships to assist you in meeting those costs.
The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid has created the Penn Law Outside Scholarship Guide (PDF) in an effort to help you locate external scholarships. This information has been compiled from financial aid directories and announcements sent to the Law School. Please note that this listing is by no means complete; many more scholarships are available, but the list is too extensive. Instead we have selected the scholarships which would be applicable to many of our students.
Below are other reputable scholarship search engines that you should also explore. When using general search engines, be mindful of potential scams. Never pay anything out of pocket for these opportunities.
Additional information can be obtained from the following books, which can be found in the Van Pelt Library and most local libraries.
- Free Money for Professional Studies & Free Money for Graduate School by Laurie Blum.
- Funding for Law, Legal Education, Research & Study by Karen Cantrell and Denise Walker. (Contains information on grants to organizations, but has some information on grants to individuals)
- The Graduate Scholarship Book, Daniel J. Cassidy.
- The Law Student’s Guide to Scholarships and Grants by Franklin Williams, J. D. and Mark Fischer, J. D., Scovill (also on file in Biddle Law Library).
- National Directory of Scholarships, Internships, and Fellowships for Latino Students by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (this book is available in the Admissions and Financial Aid Office).