Approximate Project Completion Times
The Office of Communications is looking forward to assisting you.
To maximize the success of your project, please review the following guidelines:
Projects are completed on a first-come-first-served basis. It is to your advantage to submit requests as early as possible. All project requests submitted via the online form creates a ticket that is date stamped and assigned a job number. Please plan ahead.
In order for the Office of Communications to review and consider your project, please submit a project request at least 4 weeks prior to the desired completion date. This timing does not include printing and mailing.
Even simple design requests may be queued behind a number of other projects. Included in this estimate is the time needed for reasonable revisions and final approvals.
Remember, your publicity does not start until you have your materials in hand, so plan accordingly.
Reorder and minor updates —14 working days prior to being sent to a printer or vendor
- Reorder previously designed publication with no or minimal copy edits (does not include new writing or design)
- Update broken link or remove outdated information online
New request in existing series — 2-4 weeks before being sent to a printer or vendor or distributed online
- New e-newsletter, news release, or poster series within a pre-existing design.
Major revisions — 4-6 weeks prior to being sent to a printer or vendor
- Moderate rewriting and redesigning of an existing piece, but retaining its basic purpose, voice, and look.
Videos — 2-10 weeks
- Videos produced by the Office of Communications are external marketing videos, produced to be two minutes or less.
- The project timeline depends on how extensive the request may be. A Zoom call with limited editing will take significantly less time than a longer production requiring on set interviews. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.
New premium project — 2-4 months prior to being sent to a printer or vendor or going live online
- A new project that includes extensive conceptualizing, writing, editing, design, photography and/or media production or website.
We cannot begin a project until we have all the content in order to complete your request.
All projects completed in this office are in accordance with the university branding and editorial guidelines. Our professional staff also incorporate industry best practices.
Please direct questions to the Communications Office at email@example.com.