Material & Resource Conservation
Penn’s Sustainable Purchasing Initiative seeks to increase the purchase of products with a reduced or minimal (ideally zero) environmental impact as compared to other similar products/services that serve the same purpose.
- Janitorial paper made from recycled paper
- Trash bags made from recycled plastic
- Housekeepers now use reusable towels which are washed in the laundry closet installed in Gittis Hall
Floors are scrubbed with a T5 Walk Behind Scrubber that uses 70% less water and no detergent
- All printing paper is 30% recycled
- All black toner cartridges are refurbished and sent back to the manufacturer for reuse when emptied