Penn Law is working hard to increase energy conservation without decreasing comfort throughout the Law School Complex.
Penn Law Facilities has been working with Penn’s Division of Facilities and Real Estate Services to install:
- Lighting Retrofit for Silverman and Tanenbaum Halls - Fall 2013
- Retrofit Existing Lighting Fixtures With More Efficient Ballasts and Bulbs
- HVAC Controls Replacement in Silverman Hall - Fall 2013
- Motion senors and T8 lighting upgrades in Tanenbaum Hall
- HVAC upgrades in Tanenbaum Hall completed Summer 2012
- Replaced Control Systems for increased energy efficiency
Penn Law ITS has been working to ensure energy conservation is paramount about during the purchasing and use of Penn Law computers.
- All new equipment is ENERGY STAR rated or is the most efficient option
Technology Energy Policies:
- Sleep mode and auto-off enabled on all copiers and all printers
- Computer monitors are set to sleep after a certain amount of inactivity
Be sure to check the Penn Law ITS: Green IT page to learn more about green initiatives Penn Law ITS is taking.