Resources for the Law School Community
Penn Carey Law’s Office of Communications is happy to provide graphic design & web publicity support to students, faculty, and staff.
A collection of Law School images and backgrounds available to use in Zoom meetings.
Law School branded templates to use on your next project
Penn Brand Standards
University guidelines for adhering to Penn’s visual identity
A resource for simple graphic design support. For students updating their student group logos or need a solution for a self-service Law School branded digital design, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a temporary premium account.
Assistance with Promotional Materials
To complete your request, Communications kindly requests notice to ensure staffing and resource requirements can be made so that we may provide you with the appropriate support.
Before starting a new publicity campaign, carefully consider your goals, timeline, audience, and budget. Remember, your publicity does not start until you have your materials in hand, so plan accordingly. Communications cannot begin a project until we have all the content in order to complete your request.
Please check with Communications if you have any questions or concerns about production timelines or costs.
Requests: When submitting your request, please provide final text and all images. Only high-resolution images may be used. Please check with Communications if you have any questions or concerns about production timelines.
Templates: We offer a series of poster templates. These templates allow us to meet the high demand for print materials, while also maintaining a consistent graphic identity. You can submit a ticket for a Communications professional to assist you with your project or you can use Canva as a self-service option. Please contact email@example.com for account access.
Printing for larger publications is arranged and managed by a Communications team professional who liaisons with select vendors.
Communications can assist you to display your content on the 2 large screen community boards at the main Law School entrance in Golkin Hall and Davis Student Union. Members of the Law School community may request to post one slide per event on these boards.
Community Board checklist:
- Submit a ticket.
- If you have already requested print materials, please indicate that you want the same design or would like to use one of the templates above.
- A member of the Communications team will review your request and schedule your slide.
Please note that the Community Boards cannot play videos or sound.
Communications is happy to work with you on web publicity. For specific consultation, please submit a ticket.
Online publicity options include:
- On the Docket – to reach the Law School community in the daily early-morning email. Four Notice announcements are permitted per event. Notice submission can be done from the appropriate commons page. View the full On the Docket How-To on ITS Online.
- Events Calendar – your event can appear on the website calendar and across the website based on categories and tags. Most importantly, continue to update your event information as details become known.
- Pipeline – these are the red and blue widgets throughout the site and the two columns on the homepage that feature events, videos, tweets, and more. If your event is high-profile, it might make it to the homepage or be featured elsewhere on the site.
- Social media promotion, guidance, & strategy – from Tweets to LinkedIn posts, we can help you maximize your web and social media channels.
- Good sources for inexpensive stock images are istockphoto.com , shutterstock.com and veer.com .
- If you are bringing in a speaker, check with him or her; speakers can often provide high-quality photos of themselves. Images pulled from the Internet are usually not high resolution and therefore do not work for print materials.
- Please make sure you have the rights to use your images.
Law School Images
Law School faculty and staff can utilize Widen, a cloud based service digital access management tool, for viewing and downloading digital images.
If you are a student and need access to Law School images, please submit a ticket and a Communications team professional will assist with your project.
For a complete guide on how to access and use Widen, please see the Widen ITS Help page. Please note, the first time you login to the system, there will be a 1-2 day delay before you can see all photos available.