Skip to main content area Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to search Skip to section navigation

Business Affairs

We are here to serve you.  Stop by and say "hi"

New Concur Interface Announcement:  Click Here for Details!

Quick Links

Students seeking reimbursement, please review:

Faculty & Staff seeking reimbursement, please review:

To assist you in submitting expenses through the TEM system, we are providing a “starter-kit” to access the Concur Expense Report and to highlight some of the important processes involved in creating a report. Access the Concur starter kit now.

Concur Tips

  • Reviewing Reimbursements Processed: To see if your reimbursement has been processed yet, you no longer need to go to “My Reimbursements.” Instead, on your home page in Concur, look at the section called, “My Expenses.”
  • Setting up your Concur Account: Set up your mobile app to take a picture of your receipt and utomatically store the image under your own user login of Concur, as well as making travel plans and tracking expenses while you travel. Here are easy instructions for setting up your account.
  • Training Materials and Videos: For training materials and videos provided by the Concur Team, please see the Training Manuals available here. Watch a video of the seminar held at the Law School on Thursday, July 18, with Penn’s Travel Manager, Hilary Easly.
  • Bank of America Visa card:  Full-time faculty and staff are eligible for the new Bank of America credit card. This card will automatically be credited after reporting expenses through the new reporting system. Apply for the card as full-time faculty or staff.
  • Hands-on Help at the Law School: To assist individuals as you learn to prepare your expense report, Business Affairs staff will be available in the computer lab in T-222 each Tuesday at 10:00 am through September to assist you. We are also available as needed if that time doesn’t work for you in the Dean’s Suite (GK-101).

General Questions about Penn Law policies?  Check our policies here:



If you will be working at Penn Law, the three forms below need to be completed and returned to the Business Affairs office before starting work. Please complete the on-line I-9 form by clicking on the “online I-9 form” link below, and selecting Law School as the location. You will then be forwarded to a screen that allows you to review health care options as provided by the Affordable Health Care Act, and then to enter your employment eligibility information. Appropriate ID is required for the I-9, and original documents should be brought with you to the Business Affairs office when submitting your paperwork (this is typically either a current passport or the combination of a driver’s license and social security card, but the full list of acceptable documents is available on the website). 

If you are a foreign national, then additional paperwork will be required. Please see any of us in the Business Affairs office for the additional paperwork required to put you on payroll if you are eligible.

If you have been pre-approved for independent contractor work, please click here for the Independent Contractor Certification Form.

Direct Deposit

The University of Pennsylvania does not issue paper checks as a form of payment from payroll. In its place, you can either choose to have funds directly deposited into your US bank account, or the University will issue you an Aline Paycard that is loaded with your net pay on each payment date, and can be used where debit cards are accepted. The paycard will be issued to you automatically when your information is loaded into the payroll system.

If you wish to have direct deposit, you may link to the U@Penn site here, and click on “Enroll in or Update Direct Deposit” in the “My Pay” section of the page.

Entering your payroll information

For work-study students, student workers, temporary employees, and weekly-paid research assistants, your hours must be reported weekly to the Business Affairs Office by 10:00 am on Monday morning (holiday weeks will have a modified schedule) for the previous week’s work. Work-study time-sheets should be submitted to the office (Download a blank work-study time sheet), while the others can log in their time in the log sheet located in our office (GK-101).

For students who are not work-study that may have forgotten to submit their hours, you may e-mail your hours to, indicating by date how many hours you worked in that given week.

Foreign National Reimbursements

The following signed, completed documents are typically required for reimbursement of any foreign national.  If you have any questions, please contact any of us in the Business Affairs office.

Ernie R. Gonsalves
Vice Dean Business Affairs

Jerel Wohl
Director of Fiscal Operations
Tel: 215.573.3647image

Michelle Werner
Business Administrator
Tel: 215.573.6938image

Heather Twaddell                                         Financial Administrative Coordinator
Tel: 215.573.5065image