High School Academy
Sponsored by Penn Law, the Pre-College Summer Academy is a rigorous exploration into U.S. law and the legal profession.
Geared specifically for rising high school juniors and seniors, participants from across the United States and around the world appreciate different perspectives as they discuss legal issues with Penn Law faculty and staff. A student explained, “One minute we would be passionately arguing and the next we were laughing. I have never had the experience to discuss ideas with such a smart, supportive group.”
Each summer, Pre-College Summer students:
- Attend lectures and presentations from outstanding Penn Law faculty and guest speakers mirroring those taken by first-year law students.
- Engage in classroom discussions regarding controversial areas of law and policy.
- Receive coaching and constructive feedback on writing assignments and oral argument skills.
- Develop legal reasoning while unraveling constitutional issues, exploring criminal law, and discussing contracts.
- Visit law firms, trial and appellate courts, and significant legal institutions with ample opportunity to engage with successful practitioners across a wide array of practice areas.
- Work in teams to prepare for Penn Law’s Summer Academy Moot Court Competition.
- Participate in weekend and evening cultural and social activities.
Application and Admission:
Admission to Penn Law Pre-College Summer Academy is selective and based on a record of academic achievement and leadership. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply today for the best legal summer of your life!
The 2015 summer program will run July 5 - 25. Apply now: