U.S. Business Law for the International Practitioner
2019 Executive Education Certificate Program
July 7–12, 2019 | Philadelphia, PA
- Private tour and lecture at the New York Stock Exchange in New York City (June 12).
- Opportunity to join world-class scholars and experts at Penn Law for five days of specialized instruction on U.S. business and corporate law.
- Daily continental breakfast and lunch included through the entire program.
- A limited amount of financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
Who Should Attend
This executive education program is intended for practitioners from across the globe who wish to gain a deeper understanding of business-centric practice areas of U.S law. It is well-suited for international attorneys with 3-5 years’ work experience in their field, as well as high-achieving international law students with significant practical experience.
Through our one-week immersion program of intensive, LL.M.-level seminars, you will acquire the tools you need to immediately improve your international practice. This program will provide you insight into how U.S. business works, starting with a short introduction to the U.S. legal system and its effect on business, and then delving into topics such as mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, negotiations, and deals.
Additionally, this program offers:
- World-renowned faculty who will help you unravel complex global cross-border transactions.
- Top U. S. transactional attorneys who will provide negotiation perspective to help you increase your client service.
- Attorneys from all over the world who will be accessible so you can expand your professional network.
- Through a blend of interactive lectures and hands-on experience, including workshops and site visits, the opportunity to increase your understanding of U.S. corporate law.
$2,750 – Program fee for attending the one-week U.S. Business Law for the International Practitioner Executive Education Program.
The program fee includes all lectures, course materials, daily continental breakfast and lunch, and transportation to/from the New York Stock Exchange. Lodging and transportation to and from Penn Law to be arranged by students.
*A limited amount of financial aid is available to qualified applicants. Requests can be directed to email@example.com.
New deadline: June 14, 2019*
*The final application deadline has been extended to accommodate additional interest.
Questions about the program, application process, and admissions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Schedule serves as an example of topics covered by the program.