LINK - Legal Instruction and Knowledge
This supplement to Penn Summer Session II, Law 511-920, Introduction to Law and Legal Methods, is well suited for all considering careers in the law including international students seeking an LLM in the United States.
LINK provides practical exposure to American law, culture and history in a program hosted by Penn Law, a member of the Ivy League. The program is specifically designed for a small group of students to ensure greater faculty and student interaction.
Practicum experiences include:
- Penn Law Center for Professionalism
- Career Panels featuring young associates in a variety of practice areas
- JD and LLM Panel on the path to Law School and beyond
- Moot Court allows students to practice their legal argument
- Mock Law School Admissions Panel
- Featuring the Toll Public Interest Center
- An introduction to Legal Pro Bono Work
In addition to learning about U.S. legal concepts, students experience American culture and history. Students visit court rooms, law firms and key historic sites in Philadelphia and Washington DC.
For more information, please contact Grace Wadell, Associate Director, Legal Education Programs.