Penn Carey Law’s program of legal education, combining our rich, interdisciplinary curriculum, varied co-curricular activities, and pro bono responsibilities, prepares our students for admission to the bar and to serve as effective, ethical and responsible members of the legal profession. Each student will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate a core knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law in a number of different subject areas;
- Engage in legal analysis and reasoning, conduct efficient and effective legal research, apply problem solving skills, and present findings, analyses, and recommendations efficiently and effectively in both written and oral communication;
- Work collaboratively;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of law and the contributions and benefits to legal analysis and problem solving that other disciplines can make;
- Exercise proper professional judgment and fulfill ethical responsibilities to clients, the profession, and society in general; and
- Utilize a range of professional skills that facilitate active, competent and ethical participation in the legal profession.